The tool link is a course tool to access areas such as: Messages, Discussion Board or Blackboard Collaborate to the course menu in your Blackboard Learn course site. Without creating a link to the tool in the course, students enrolled in the course will not have access to the tool
To add a link to a course tool, hover over the
1. Add Menu Item button (the + sign).
2. Select Tool Link from the menu that appears.
You will now see a dialog box similar to the one in the image above labeled Add Tool Link:
3. Name: Type in a name for the link.
4. Type: Select the type of tool link to link to from the drop-down menu.
5. Available to Users: Check the box here to make the link available to students.
6. Click Submit when finished or Click Cancel to abort the action.
NOTE: The tool link will now be added to the bottom of the course menu.